The Way of the Path is about following Jesus through life. Over the past several years I have had the honor to serve on a number of mission trips, camps, and in my church. All along the way Jesus continues to direct my path and ministry:
- Youth to College Age (12-26) – Helping the next generation of children find Jesus and develop a real and lasting relationship with him. Work with Orphans, Foster, and disabled/disadvantaged, and economically disadvantaged children. Helping their families and support systems.
- Spanish Speaking / Immigrant Communities – Reaching spanish speaking people & immigrants with the good news of Jesus and strengthening their communities.
- Building / Real Estate – Building homes or helping families with low income housing, thus reducing poverty and improving health and creating a stable environment for families
- Church Work – Contributing to the strengthening and maintaining the local churches and communities that serve these children.
- Evangelizing – Evangelizing others to pursue Jesus by sharing the life changing work that he is doing in the lives of others.
All of the funds raised through this blog and the Wood Shop support my ministry and the following people/organizations. You can support these too by making a donation on my page, making a purchase from my store, or by clicking a donation link below. Your support is much appreciated and all of it will go to help someone come to know Jesus.
I’ve known Joey since the early 1980’s. He was my youth minister back then. Over the years I’ve watch as he has allowed God to use his life to make a difference others. Joey’s impact and missions have spanned multiple decades and continents. He continues his work with Joey Potter Missions with a number of activities in places like Kenya, Mexico, Bahamas, and Dominican Republic as well as locally as the need arises. He also works closely with local churches, the sports programs and other organizations from the Southeast US.
The Pointe Church in Belmont, NC is my home church. We have a number of programs dedicated to supporting the local community as well as missions around the world. These missions include supporting vulnerable children, helping families that are in need, and supporting the spiritual growth of our community. Here are a few of the ministries where I serve:
The Point Church – First Impressions / Connections
Collision Youth Group
El Zapatillo, Guatemala Mission
You can read about my mission trip to Guatemala here and how God used it to impact my life and the lives of those our group went to serve.
Each year I look forward to working as a camp counselor at the Bridge Camp. This has been one of the most impactful and meaningful experiences I’ve had in working with children. These young people are given an opportunity to attend camp with other foster children who find themselves in similar situations.