Have you thought of doing a short-term mission? Are you curious what it’s really like on the other side of the border? Do you have a heart to serve others? Then continue reading and let’s knock this off your bucket list. This opportunity could change your life!
You can read about my experiences here if my blog if you like, but I want to hear about your story, about what God is doing in your life and I want to come along with you on your journey and help you take your next step.
If it’s a short-term mission trip, let’s head down South of the border and we’ll work side-by-side in an orphanage and along with the local church there to show others the love of Jesus.
This trip will challenge you. It will test your faith. It will open your eyes. If nothing else, if you let him, God will use it to change your heart the way he did mine and reveal himself to you in ways you never imagined.
Where: Tecate, Mexico & San Diego, CA
When: September 14-21, 2019
Who: You & anyone that wants to serve! Your family, your friends, your co-workers.
What: The goal of our mission to share Christ’s love with the people of Tecate through service projects, sports camps, and work with the local orphanage and church.
Cost: $1,000 + YOU buy your own plane ticket (average ~$500)
- Depart from home & arrive in San Diego by 12pm PDT
- Lunch in San Diego / Supply Run
- Drive to Border
- Get settled at Bosco Orphanage
- Set up for construction, church, & camps
- Morning Quiet Times
- Church Service & Lunch with Church
- Visit to Construction Site
- Dinner & Evening Church Service
Monday through Wednesday
- Morning Quiet Times
- Vacation Bible School
- Work on the Construction Site
- Evening Worship Service
- Pack up and leave Tecate
- Head to California
- Check in to our hotel
- Freshen up, eat dinner
- Evening gathering of debriefing & prayer
- Return home.
- The average man makes $7/day in Mexico; the houses we build for his family in a week would take them years to build.
- Building projects at the orphanage continue to insure that the children raised there are given the best possible opportunities in a safe, well maintained, christian home where people love them.
- The people that spend TIME and love the children at the orphanage and in the community we serve make an eternal impact on their lives.
- The church we work with in Tecate has taught us what the love of Christ looks like on the OTHER side of the border.
What is included?
- 5 nights stay in Mexico * 2 nights stay in CA
- All meals in Mexico ** USA meals on your own
- Van rentals, expenses, and insurance
- Supplies for our building project and ministry activities (such as VBS, sports camps, feeding homeless, etc.)
Come and see Mexico and find God in the process.